The Economist's Apprentice

In which a little girl confronts the world and battles the anti-humans.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Let a Robot Do Your Vacuuming

With my blogging activities and nap schedules, I don't help around the house too much. This has changed after my mommy bought the Roomba. It is a small, flat disk that is programmed to move about a room vacuuming. My mother puts it on the ground and presses the button, but I'm the one that runs around the room to verify that it isn't plotting to enslave mankind. The households I know who use the Roomba (two) report vacuuming far more frequently after getting the Roomba. Later this year iRobot will release the Scooba, which will wash and dry floors in a single pass. My mommy will be the first in line to buy this, which will make my robot surveillance activities even more important.

1 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Andrew Marx said...

Perhaps the Roomba and Scooba will agree upon a task schedule for your enslaved parents, thereby settling the issue of domestic equality.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home